VMware Senior Solutions Engineer-Storage-Hyperconverged - FEDERAL in Reston, Virginia
If you are an experienced Systems Engineer or Solutions Engineer with strong storage and virtualization experience and if you are looking to take your career to the next level, please read on.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in Hyper-converged Software. (focusing on VMware Virtual SAN.)
At VMware we are looking to hire a Systems Engineer in the Reston/DC area who has Pre-Sales experience, and also understands the job duties and role for Post-Sales.
As a Pre-Sales Senior Solutions Engineer at VMware, you will be the primary technical resource for the field sales-force. Our Pre-Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products.
- Our target markets are Federal and System Integrator partner business.
Preferred Location: Reston, VA area
Please note: This position requires Travel (50% or more)
This is a customer facing position. Your role would include being involved in first calls, meetings, presenting technical material (whiteboard, demos), qualifying and quantifying sales opportunities, PoC's, documentation, and installs. In this position, you are expected to help accelerate the sales cycle, remove obstacles, and be the technical expert. You will establish and maintain strong relationships with customers, partners, and colleagues.
This position may require you to be hands on at times, so apart from having excellent communications and presentation skills, having technical expertise on various technologies is also important.
Additional responsibilities will include mentoring and enabling Field and Channel teams located in a variety of locations.
• BA/BS or equivalent required
• 10+ years of experience in technology, preferably roles in Pre-sales and Technical Account Sales
• Experience in creating revenue generating programs
• Experience with Pre-sales Account Management and sales methodologies
• Strong presentation skills as well as ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
• Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills
• Strong writing skills with the ability to create technical documentation, respond to RFPs, and submit professional reports
• Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, business continuity solutions a plus
• Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 server platforms, Windows Server and Linux operating system expertise, SAN/NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking
• Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
• Must be able to influence senior enterprise IT Architects and C-level executives
• Experience working with public sector customers and applications would be an asset.
JoinVsAN at https://source.vmware.com/hr/Pages/Employee-Referral-JoinvSAN.aspx
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.