Macy's Manager, Merchandise Marketing - Home in New York, New York
* Job Overview: *
The Marketing Manager develops and carries out cohesive marketing strategies that support seasonal/annual sales and EBIT goals. This position builds successful marketing campaigns, collaborating closely with Marketing, Merchant, and Planning teams, and cross functional marketing teams to contribute to annual calendar strategy development. The Marketing Manager specializes on family of business to deliver relevant marketing campaigns for customer segments in these areas. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
Develop and carry out cohesive marketing strategies that support seasonal/annual sales and EBIT goals: • Become business knowledge expert for a specific product category as it relates to sales, marketing, & merchandise trends, both internally and in the competitive marketplace.
• Prepare for and participate in concept meetings, and be responsible for meeting key project deadlines (style outs, turn ins, etc.). • Manage schedule of all Advertising related meetings to ensure timely preparedness. • Prepare and finalize all ads for traffic turn-ins. • Maintain all production and financial components of marketing for a specific family of business into the Macy’s Advertising System (MAS).
Contribute to annual and seasonal calendar strategy development: • Contribute marketing/merchandising opportunities as part of annual calendar development. • Support sales forecasting and budget development / management. • Identify marketing opportunities and communicate them to other marketing units; utilize and summarize marketing effectiveness and sales results to appropriately drive future advertising decisions.
Specialize on a specific family of business a product category: • Maintain knowledge base of reference materials that inform the organization on your family of business (i.e. sales, new trends, competitors, vendor initiatives, media content, etc.) and share with marketing managers supporting other families of business. • Identify value-added opportunities to customize DM, insert, and other local media for specific markets and customer segments within family of business. • Work closely with production teams/art directors/copy writers to ensure successful copy development and production.
Work collaboratively across other Marketing and Merchandising/Planning functions: • Work with Merchandising and Planning teams to align marketing and merchandising priorities, and ensure the availability of promoted items. • Ensure coordination with various marketing groups within Operations, Creative, Media, Media Relations, Parade & Entertainment, Consumer Insights, Private Label (MMG) and Macys.com. • Will be expected to take on special projects. Demonstrate ownership and expertise in order to influence other marketing and merchant groups. This is a key aspect of the Manager’s role to ultimately prepare them for a Director role. Must be able to work effectively with various marketing disciplines.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Education/Experience: *
- * • 2-4 years of prior retail marketing, buying, or planning experience. • 4-year degree, preferably in one of the following areas: Marketing, Business Administration, Fashion Merchandising. • Retail marketing experience preferred.
- Communication Skills: *
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal. • Ability to interact with all levels in the organization. • Ability to build and foster good relationships.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Demonstrates creativity in idea generation and project execution. • Able to build partnerships and teams across functional units. • Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, handling multiple projects/plans.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Multiple functions & business interactions. • Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. • Problem solver with analytical reasoning skills and ability to identify emerging opportunities.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Job: Merchandise Marketing
Req ID: MAR02314