Sandia National Laboratories Product Design Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Product Design Engineer
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Utilize skills and knowledge in assisting one of our product teams in paving the way for getting their component ready for production.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline;
- Experience using PTC-Creo software for mechanical engineering design;
- Experience in applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (ASME Y14.5) specifications and performing tolerance analyses.
- Experience as a machinist
- Understanding of manufacturing methods for mechanical hardware;
- Understanding of configuration management principles;
- Demonstrated successful teamwork with excellent communication skills;
- Proven record of demonstrating initiative and getting results;
- Strong desire to be involved in product design and development.
We are seeking motivated Product Design Engineers to join our Mechanical Design and AM Plastics Department (2274). We provide mechanical design engineering, definition, visualization, and additive manufacturing support at the Sandia California Site. We partner with Product Realizations Teams (PRTs) to produce high quality design models and engineering drawings of systems, components, and layouts including assembly and piece part definition using CREO, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and design for manufacturing principles. We ensure design feasibility and communicate the design options and recommended approach to PRTs, stakeholders, and manufacturing partners throughout the design process. We apply technical judgment based upon engineering principles in the design and development of innovative products for supporting our Nation’s security programs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT