Acadia Healthcare Scheduler - Staffing Coordinator in La Place, Louisiana
Director of Nursing
Variable days and hours, including weekends and holidays.
· Under the supervision/direction of the Director of Nursing, is responsible for developing and maintaining the schedule for all nursing department staff
· Maintains a safe and efficient working and treatment environment per facility policies and procedures
· Communicates effectively with the treatment team to ensure safety, quality care is provided to all patients.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
High School Diploma or equivalent plus current applicable state requirements
CPI/CPR/First Aid Certified per policy.
One year acute inpatient psychiatric care experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential Job Functions
· Ensures adequate staffing each day and each shift for the nursing department based on established census utilizing staffing grid and patient acuity
· Develops 4-week schedules that are balanced (adequate number of RNs and BHTs scheduled for each shift everyday) prior to posting as the final schedule for employees
· Ensures each 4-week schedules is posted timely for employees according to establishes timelines
· Ensures appropriate scheduling for all nursing staff new hire orientation and annual re-training (i.e. CPI, CPR, etc.)
· Responds appropriately to staff call offs by working to cover staffing need with other staff.
· Works closely with nursing management in solving staffing issues – keeping nursing management apprised of staffing issues in a timely manner
· Maintains accurate scheduling information in program used for nursing staff scheduling including changes to the schedule on a daily basis to reflect actual staffing and actual staffing changes
· Reviews all nursing staff timesheets in Ultipro daily to ensure all punches are present and all vacation/sick time is entered.
· Ensures time off/leave requests are provided to Payroll (and HR as appropriate) for all nursing department employee leaves.
· Maintains accurate and timely logs reflecting nursing staff absences and tardiness and keeps DON apprised of excessive absences/tardiness based on policy
· Posts daily shift staffing rosters and/or provides rosters to supervisors for posting within 10 minutes of the start of each shift.
· Other duties as assigned
Administrative and Technical Skills/Functions
· Listens effectively and processes received information accurately and appropriately
· Takes action and solves problems within scope of job without being asked
· Takes initiative to express ideas and problem solutions to others ,including management, verbally and/or in writing
· Completes assigned work in an acceptable manner, in the time allotted, with minimal prompting or reminders
· Maintains confidentiality of information related to employees and patients
· Interact with patients, family members, external entities and internal staff professionally and respectfully.
· Work collaboratively with all treatment team members to create a treatment environment that supports the facility’s mission to provide exemplary patient care and customer service.
· Act to preserve patient and family dignity and safety.
Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
Ability to effectively listen, process received information, and express ideas verbally and in writing.
Ability to initiate action, take personal responsibility, suggest improvements, and solve problems within scope of job without being asked.
POLICY AND PROCEDURE COMPLIANCE
Ability to understand and comply with government regulations, regulatory and accreditation requirements and hospital policies.
Ability to record, report, and maintain confidentiality of information and respond to requests for information.
Ability to complete assigned work in an acceptable manner, in the time allotted, with minimal prompting or reminders.