Citi Senior Site Reliability Engineer in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Other Location: United States,Florida,Jacksonville
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18053326
Are you an experienced, highly motivated professional seeking a challenging and fulfilling position in a forward thinking company? Do you love tackling projects using groundbreaking technology while working in a dynamic and fast paced environment? Do you possess the ability to multi-task and work in a diverse and highly collaborative atmosphere? If you answered yes to these questions, then you are exactly what we need and this will be an excellent opportunity for you so please keep reading…
The Continuous Delivery Engineers will be the cultural change agent, the custodian and the key driver in facilitating adoption of the CI/CD model and will partner with delivery managers, application and infrastructure teams, sponsors and stakeholders to manage seamless operations of all development and runtime platforms for GCB CTO.
This role will be part of the continuous delivery engineering practice and will be a part of the product development scrum teams, who will then be accountable for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of their services
Key Responsibilities related to Continuous Delivery Engineering Practice:
• Be an active member of the Product Development scrum teams and represent platform and infrastructure domains in release planning & execution activities.
• Partner with Product Development teams to establish “error budgets”, and aim to spend error budget to get maximum feature velocity.
• Act as primary accountable service owner for few group of application’s Development & Runtime platforms.
• Ensure currency & completeness of on-call playbooks to continually improve MTTR.
• Collaborate with Release Engineering & Product Development teams to develop change management strategies – e.g. canary-style deployments, pushing out new releases without interrupting services, and rolling back features that demonstrate problems.
• Manage efficiency and performance of system resources utilized, to balance demand (load), capacity, and product service performance.
• Provisioning & Platform change management
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Automation, Orchestration, CI/CD Developmentor DevOps background is essential
• Hands-on experience on tools like Jenkins, Sonar, Checkmarks, RLM, GitHub, Chef, Ansible, TravisCI
• Experience with micro-services.
• Experience working with additional virtualization technologies, VMware is preferred.
• Experience with Linux management tools such as automated provisioning (puppet, razor), containers (docker), virtualization (VMware, KVM), etc.
• BS Degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
• At least 8 years of experience in enterprise level IT projects Cloud based technologies (PaaS, IaaS, Cloud Infrastructure Services)
• Experience with issues facing large scale server environments
• Experience in architecture and support best practices in Pivotal Cloud Foundry in a private cloud environment or Amazon AWS.
• Experience in open source technologies like, Docker, Git, SpringIO, NGINX, Tomcat
• Knowledge of Docker/Container orchestrator is a plus
• Knoweldge of Distributed Cache technolgies is a plusUnderstanding of cloud application design principles such as 12 factor apps
• Broad knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (AppDynamics, Logstash, Splunk, etc.)
• Certification in cloud technologies
• Experience in IT transformation and/or ITIL implementation in a similar industry
• Understanding of cloud application design principles such as 12 factor apps
This position can be located in Irving TX or Jacksonville Florida.