AT&T Senior Technical Specialist -- Performance Tuning, DBA in Hyderabad, India
Looking for a highly motivated Database and Application Performance Tuner with well-rounded experience. This role requires to work on exciting and challenging projects as well as on-call rotation in different shifts. This role requires a highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, technical and analytical expertise as well as an aptitude for business requirements documentation and designing system process flow.
Responsible for the implementing, improving, supporting and participating in the processes, strategies and tools for the assigned business or functional area. Provide input and expertise for key technical functions by utilizing knowledge of the business, industry and technology, especially in the Oracle EBiz/EBS Application Suites including Fusion Applications, Database, middleware, and technology infrastructure in support of finance, supply chain and management reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Looking for a highly motivated Database and Application Performance Tuner with well-rounded experience. This role requires to work on exciting and challenging projects as well as oncall rotation in different shifts. This role requires a highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, technical and analytical expertise as well as an aptitude for business requirements documentation and designing system process flow. Candidate must effectively communicate between end users and technical teams and be able to triage issues. The candidate should have a solid understanding physical design and operation of databases and database internals.
Performance tuner experienced with Oracle 11g, 12c in RAC and multi-node application set-up of EBS/Fusion Apps and great experience with Data warehousing and Data analytics. Successful candidate will assume the responsibilities of supporting Oracle Database and Application Tuning. Along with other Performance Tuners in the team the candidate will provide 24x7 technical / administrative role. Skill requirements include solid knowledge and experience of Oracle Core Database and Oracle Applications duties.
Key Competencies and Skills:
Technical and Functional Competencies:
Candidate should have knowledge in the following areas with 7 or more years of experience.
1) Database Performance Tuning:
• Tuning applications developed using SQL, PL/SQL.
• Expertise in ASH, AWR, SPA, analyzing 10046 trace, analyzing 10053 trace, SQL Profiles, Oracle Baselines, v$ tables, x$ tables, etc.
• Very strong SQL tuning experience using TKPROF and SQL Monitor with in-depth understanding of all optimizer hints and optimizer plans.
• Proficient with performance tuning in Oracle database 11g and 12c with RAC and Dataguard.
• Experience working with large volume of data in the range of 100TB in size and optimizing tables that has billions of rows
• In-Depth/Deep Understanding and experience with Oracle Database Internals
2) Oracle Apps Performance tuning:
• Proficient with performance tuning and application support for Oracle eBusiness suite R12 and Fusion Applications.
• Reasonable knowledge of Oracle EBS/Fusion Applications technology stack, including architecture, concurrent manager, ESS, finding sessions, obtaining logs, tracing CM/Forms/OAF sessions/ADF sessions.
• Identifying and tracing sessions from concurrent manager and Oracle forms
• Good Understanding the Architecture and tuning of Oracle Fusion Applications.
• Good Understanding the Architecture and tuning of Oracle Fusion Middleware
3) Tuning from OS:
• In-depth knowledge on Solaris and Linux operating systems
• Very good with truss, pmap, pfiles, netstat, vmstat, iostat, etc.
4) General tuning:
• Trend analysis
• Proactive tuning
• Code review with developers
• Load testing
• Capacity planning
Preferred to have the following experience:
5) Middleware Performance tuning:
• Tuning applications developed using Java, SOA/Fusion
• Analyzing thread dumps
• Tuning Golden Gate, Informatica, ODI, SOA, AppWorx
• Experience with tools such as DynaTrace
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Should be a good Team Player and Good work ethics to work in a big DBA Group
• Very good communication skills
• Supporting Production, Test, and development Environments.
• Able to attend production sev1 calls without any support or minimal support from onsite team and guide team member on need basis.
• Able to communicate complex ideas; persuade and negotiate with others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view.
• Able to deliver results focused on operational excellence and best practices.
• Able to work independently and lead problem determination efforts requiring assistance from cross functional teams for the most complex situations.
• Research and bring to manager operational best practices for monitoring and maintaining server health.
Education and Qualifications:
B.E/B.S or equivalent educational qualification preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree with relevant technical skills/expertise.
Master of Science (M.E/M.S) is preferred.
Required to work in shifts and support on-call rotation and shifts