AT&T Senior Technical Specialist, Database Admin -- Core DBA in Hyderabad, India
Looking for a highly motivated Database Administrator to support production and non-production Database and Application Environments.
This role requires to work on exciting and challenging projects as well as on-call rotation in different shifts.
Responsible for the implementing, improving, supporting and participating in the processes, strategies and tools for the assigned business or functional area. Provide input and expertise for key technical functions by utilizing knowledge of the business, industry and technology, especially in the Database, middleware, and technology infrastructure in support of finance, supply chain and management reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Looking for a highly motivated Database Administrator with well-rounded experience to lead our team. This role requires to work on exciting and challenging projects as well as on call rotation in different shifts. This role requires a highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, technical and analytical expertise as well as an aptitude for business requirements documentation and designing system process flow. The candidate must have experience managing DBA team. Candidate must effectively communicate between end users and technical teams and be able to triage issues. Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. May develop stored procedures and/or triggers.
Key Competencies and Skills:
Technical and Functional Competencies:
• 10+ years of experience in database development and support
• Hands-on experience in Installation and Configuration of Oracle 11.x and 12.x with RAC and Non RAC on UNIX and LINUX platforms
• Experience with ASM 11.x and 12.x
• Experience with Migrations and upgrades from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11.x and Oracle 12.x
• Experience with Migrations and Upgrades from Non RAC to Oracle RAC Oracle 11.x and Oracle 12.x
• Experience with cross platform database migrations
• Solid Experience with Oracle Dataguard
• Solid Experience with RMAN
• Solid Experience with Oracle OEM and Monitoring
• Solid Experience with Oracle Golden Gate
• Experience and knowledge of Exadata
• Experience with ODI and ETL Tools
• Experience with OSB
• Experience with OBIEE
• Experience with Data Pump and SQL*Loader Experience with Migrations and upgrades from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11.x and Oracle 12.x
• Supporting application owners with security requirements such as object level privileges and audit
• Troubleshooting network related errors with SCAN listener and local listeners
• Experience with table migrations and restorations from one environment to another environment
• Troubleshooting Memory related errors with Oracle 12c and Patching with RAC and Non RAC
• Experience with Performance tuning
• Experience with Comm Vault Oracle backup and recovery
• Experience with Linux scripting 6.x , 7.x and Solaris 9,10,11
• Automation with failover and switchover for database DR
• Understanding of LDAP / Microsoft AD / Oracle OID is a plus
• Prior experience with OFM (Oracle Fusion Middleware/ Weblogic ) and OBIEE are a plus
• Knowledge on MySQL, MariaDB, Casandra is a plus
• Knowledge and working experience with Cloud Technologies is a plus
• Experience with Oracle EBS 11i, R12.1.3• Good Shell Scripting Skills
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Should be a good Team Player and Good work ethics to work in a big DBA Group
• Very good communication skills
• Supporting Production, Test, and development Environments.
• Able to attend production sev1 calls without any support or minimal support from onsite team and guide team member on need basis.
• Able to communicate complex ideas; persuade and negotiate with others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view.
• Able to deliver results focused on operational excellence and best practices.
• Able to work independently and lead problem determination efforts requiring assistance from cross functional teams for the most complex situations.
• Able to lead a team and provide day to day updates to onsite team.
• Research and bring to manager operational best practices for monitoring and maintaining server health.
Education and Qualifications:
B.E/B.S or equivalent educational qualification preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree with relevant technical skills/expertise.
Master of Science (M.E/M.S) is preferred.
Required to work in shifts and support on-call rotation and shifts