Ross Stores, Inc. Supervisor, Sales Audit in Dublin, California
Responsible for daily supervision and operation of Sales Audit Staff. Also responsible for the maintenance and improvement of systems, operational procedures and sale base reporting. Responsible for month-end sales and credit settlement close, analysis and reporting.
- Hire, train and review staff to support the Sales Audit and Media departments. Assess staffing and resource requirements to achieve needs of department.
- Finalize reporting of monthly sales. Coordinate monthly closings and account reconciliation schedules for accounts related to Sales Audit.
- Coordinate the workflow of the Chargebacks and Retrievals to meet daily, monthly and year-end deadlines. Maintain records storage at storage facilities, ensuring proper record retention.
- Prepare all statistical and informational reports required of Sales Audit. Evaluate reporting and make recommendations regarding improvements in timeliness, efficiency and accuracy of existing reporting procedures.
- Maintain and evaluate systems to ensure and improve efficiency and timeliness of all assigned areas of responsibility. Represent Sales Audit in the implementation of computer systems, ensuring accurate reporting of financial data and adherence to accounting standards.
- Technical Competence/Expertise
- Analysis and Judgement
- Developing People
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5 years related background
- Prior supervisory responsibilities for a large staff
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Supervises – 6 Clerks and 2 - Accountants
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.