Ross Stores, Inc. Financial Analyst (Inventory Control) in Dublin, California
The Inventory Control Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing detailed analysis of inventory related results, metrics, and ad-hoc inquiries. The analyst will also be responsible for ongoing production of inventory related reports and forecast that are distributed on a regular basis.This includes leading the annual gross margin and inventory budget preparation including analysis of impacts and changes vs LY.This individual will also be a key contributor to the design and implementationofinventory control system updates and reports.The Inventory Control Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, Inventory Control.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis on key inventory metrics (inventory, markdowns, sales) based on business needs or management requests.
- Prepare and distribute various inventory related reports, including but not limited to, gross margin, inventory, store receipts, store contribution and inventory forecast. Reporting includes providing variance insight and explanation vs budget, prior forecast and LY.
- Lead the annual inventory and gross margin budgeting process by store.Work closely with business partners to solicit inputs including sales, receipts, shrink and markdown rates.Analyze results by store regions for anomalies. Identify business drivers for variances including changes in trends and/or company plans.
- Evaluate internal reporting and make recommendations regarding improvements in timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of existing reporting procedures.
- Participate in systems implementations including requirements documentation and testing.
- Support Month-end close or Physical Inventory as needed by providing analysis that support journal entries or aid in the variances explanations.
• Analysis and judgment
• Business Acumen
• Planning and Organization
• Technical Skills
• Attention to Details
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• BS degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum 3 years of related experience in an analytical role
• Retail and inventory experience a plus
• Strong analytical ability – must be able to synthesize data, be able to error check and reconcile own work and be able to design analysis to answer specific questions
• Strong excel and word skills, as well as ability to learn multiple back end software applications (i.e. MicroStrategy, Hyperion, Peoplesoft Financial Systems)
• Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and handle matters professionally
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
• Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
• Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.