Baker Hughes Financial Analyst in ABERDEEN, United Kingdom
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary :
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of presentational financial statements and the co-ordination of a team based in our Regional Finance Shared Service Support Hub, located in Malaysia.
Essential Responsibilities :
· Preparation and maintenance of presentational financial statements using the company’s chosen software within established timelines
· Building statutory format templates of financial statements and disclosure notes according to the basis of accounting of the entity
· Provide co-ordination and support for a team of Finance Analysts, based in Kuala Lumpur, to ensure statutory format templates of financial statements are delivered on a timely basis as per the established timeline
· Effectively manage the project to build statutory format templates of financial statements and disclosure notes, including updates to senior management, to ensure project deliverables are on track with time scale set by project plan
· Preparation of statutory financial statements
· Prepare and review ad-hoc financial reporting information for tax and audit purposes
· Maintain a close working relationship with other teams, providing support when required
· Handles special projects, as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting & Finance or equivalent
· Relevant experience in a finance or accounting related role
· Relevant experience in statutory reporting
· Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
· SAP working knowledge preferred
· Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
· Excellent organization, communication and people management skills
· Self-motivated individual
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Aberdeen – United Kingdom
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Title: Financial Analyst
Location: GBR-Aberdeen City-ABERDEEN
Requisition ID: 1813278