GlaxoSmithKline Engineering Stores Coordinator in Sydney, United States
Engineering Stores Coordinator
Open date:Oct 12, 2017 2:56 AM
Australia - Sydney, NSW
Email a friend
Details:Manages the administrative duties of the Stores for our Operation / Facilities & Engineering Management Departments
An opportunity is available for an Engineering Stores Coordinator to manage the administrative duties of the Stores for our Operation / Facilities & Engineering Management Departments. This role will see you maintain and manage the Engineering warehouses and assist with the department’s budget, managing expenditure and stock inventory. You will also be involved in ensuring EHS and quality site requirements are compliant.
You will be part of a Global Organisation, and within GMS you will be joining a team and culture where investment is made into training and development and the opportunity for continual learning is encouraged and developed.
• Consumables Requisitioning of
Engineering, Electrical, production stocks,
warehouse stocks, label stocks, PPE,
engineering/machinery parts & tools. Maintain
sufficient stock levels over 3 stores and in GMP,
maintain MP2 & SAP databases.
• Ensure stock is put away in appropriate locations
• Ensure obsolete stock is keep to a minimum and
reported at appropriate meetings
• The any new items meet the GKS policy and the
appropriate authority is met.
• Ensure any Expiry Stock is reported at
• Each warehouse is in a clean environment and
making sure the EWS is followed by all with trip
hazards and fire escape pathways.
• Any Stock Adjustments are reported, investigated
• Quarterly and cycle stock take of consumables
and produce stock take report for Finance
• Define and bag GXP Spares for production
equipment with min max levels
• Sourcing products/items as required for various
departments throughout the site.
• Provide Backup for Placing and receipting
Purchase Orders, and process Invoices via SAP
• Provide Backup for liaison with GSK accounts
department regarding invoice processing and
• Prepare Vendor applications – liaise with
Procurement, through to validation.
• Contact with service providers & contractors withrelation to issues.
• Collation of service dockets and certificates, forthe raising of Purchase Orders for contractor services.
• Improve stores processes and utilization ofinventory management bar coding and stock locations.
• Update and establish equivalent spares list andstock locations for engineering spares
• Maintain oil / lubricant stores
• Attend daily department accountability meetingsand weekly engineering meetings.
• Conduct and attend meetings with suppliers asand when required.
Qualifications, Key skills and experience required:
• Diploma / Certificate in Administration or
• Previous administration / stores management
• Understanding and previous experience working
in the manufacturing and management of tools in
the support of engineering team
• SAP experience desirable
• Tertiary education in Administration / Stores
• Microsoft office trained
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
Please note – GSK manages recruitment directly and applications via third party agencies will not be accepted.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.