St. Mary's Good Samaritan Pharmacist, Retail in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
In collaboration with the Director of Pharmacy, assist in the administration and coordination of all pharmacy activities. Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of all admixtures.
- Collaborate with supervisory personnel involved in the assurance of adequate staffing levels.
- Conduct and oversee the compounding and packaging of extemporaneously prepared medications.
- Counsel and/or provide information on drugs, their pharmacological action, dosage, contraindications, reactions, etc. to physicians, nurses, patients, and other interested parties as warranted, and with discretion.
- Determine that medication dispensed to patients is correct as to drug, route of administration, strength, and expiration date. Review patient medication profiles and/or chart to ensure accuracy of the drug and/or dosage ordered when appropriate.
- Supervise the work done by Pharmacy Technicians to assure adherence to aseptic technique and proper procedure. Train all newly assigned Pharmacists and/or Pharmacy Technicians in designated area.
- Oversee the smooth and efficient operation of designated area, including promoting positive and effective communication at all levels.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Current licensure by the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy. New graduates must present their Letter of Registration with their license number from the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy in addition to the licensure being published on the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy’s website.
St. Anthony Hospital –
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Organization: St. Anthony Hospital
Primary Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-St. Anthony Hospital
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: 17012115