United Technologies Corporation Machinist II - 2nd shift in Burnsville, Minnesota
Job ID: 53795BR
Country: United States
Category: Operations: Machinist / Process Operator
Learn the machinist trade including: set-ups, inspections, blue print reading, and production processes.
• Set up machines to perform operations within its capability by positioning, aligning and securing work, utilizing and adapting appropriate tools.
• Ability to establish priorities of work.
• Demonstrate the analytical skills that are necessary for machine adjustments and performing the machining process.
• Access on-line scheduling system.
• Demonstrate proper use of inspection equipment including indicators, micrometers, calipers, and surface plates.
Learn proper usage of machines and tools to build production hardware and to verify accuracy of such hardware.
• Inspect and certify own work.
• Ability to apply knowledge learned on one process to other processes without extensive support.
• Demonstrate proper use of machines and tools.
• Ability to continuously learn additional technical skills.
• Ability to read blueprints, sketches and other documents.
• Demonstrate extensive use of math and computer skills.
• Participate in Continuous Improvement efforts to reduce cost and minimize waste.
• Participate in audits.
Responsible for upkeep of production equipment.
• Determine equipment maintenance schedule.
• Determines, sets and adjusts feeds, speeds, depths, stops, and performs minor maintenance.
• Responsible for cleaning machines and emptying chips.
• Responsible for adding change coolant in a timely manner.
• Add hydraulic and lubrication oil as necessary.
• Maintain machine uptime.
• Responsible for machine shop equipment, inspection gages and fixtures
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.”
Skills Required: The type of experience required to effectively perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position.
Production experience is preferred.
Ability to read prints and follow assembly instruction.
Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.-
Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceed customer expectations.
Communication and Comprehension Skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Pro E software experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.